TAYLOR MULLINS vs MARQUAL MCCURDY
IN THE CHANCERY COURT FOR SULLIVAN COUNTY
Civil Action No.:
ORDER FOR SERVICE
This matter came to be heard by this Honorable Court on this the 6th day of April, 2021. Upon Counsel's MOTION FOR SERVICE BY PUBLICATION this Honorable Court finds as follows:
1. That the current whereabouts of the Defendant, Marqual McCurdy, is unknown.
2. That the Plaintiff has made diligent efforts to locate the Defendant, Marqual McCurdy.
3. That pursuant to T.C.A. § 21-1-203 and 21-1-204 that proper service on the Defendant, Marqual McCurdy, will be satisfied through Service by Publication.
4. That The Coalfield Progress is a regularly published and distributed newspaper in Wise, Virginia, which is the most proximate location of the Defendant, Marqual McCurdy's, last known location.
5. That The Coalfield Progress, IS the proper media forums for Service by Publication.
6. That Service by Publication through The Coalfield Progress, for four (4) consecutive weeks, satisfies all of the Service requirements set forth by T.C.A. § 21-1-203 and 21-1-204.
IT IS THEREFORE, ORDERED, ADJUDGED, AND DECREED AS FOLLOWS:
1. That the Defendant, Marqual McCurdy, shall be served with proper notice by Publication through The Coalfield Progress.
2. That notice shall run one (1) time per week for four (4) consecutive weeks in The Coalfield Progress, ending no later than six (6) days prior to the Hearing as set forth in this Order, thereby satisfying the Service requirements set forth by T.C.A. § 21-1-203 and 21-1-204.
3. That if Defendant, Marqual McCurdy, does not respond or present himself by the Hearing on the 25thday of June, 2021 at 9:00 am/pm at the Sullivan County Chancery Court, located at 225 West Center Street, Kingsport, Tennessee 37660, that action shall be taken by this Honorable Court to default the Defendant, Marqual McCurdy, and enter Judgement in favor of the Plaintiff.
4. That Judgement in favor of the Plaintiff will result in the adoption of minor child, PHABARI AKADE MCCURDY,in accordance with a separately filed Petition to Terminate Parental Rights and for Stepfather Adoption.
5. That the Hearing for this cause of action shall be set for the 25th day of June, 2021.
ENTER THIS THE 6th DAY OF APRIL, 2021.
HONORABLE E. G. MOODY
Prepared for Entry:
CHASE A. BAKER, ESQ.
FOSTER AND POTTER, PC.
521 N. Main St.
Greeneville, TN 37745
Ph.: (423) 895-0703
Fax: (423) 525-4089
Attorney for Plaintiff
Please support the Coalfield Progress by subscribing today!