Virus testing offered, free
Drive-through COVID-19 testing will be offered at these local sites in coming days:
• Wednesday, July 29, Food City, Wise.
• Friday, July 31, Food City, Coeburn.
All testing will take place 2-5 p.m.
Testing is free. To make an appointment, call the Wise County Health Department, 276/328-8000.
“Testing is important to monitor cases as we begin to re-open, so we can investigate, trace the contacts of those infected and mitigate the spread of illness,” regional health district Director Dr. Eleanor Cantrell said in a press release. “Remember that the best protection for each of us comes from personal precautions, including hygiene and physical distancing. That’s how you protect yourself and those around you.”
To lower the risk of spreading respiratory infections, including COVID-19, the Virginia Department of Health encourages everyone to:
• Stay home as much as possible, especially if you are at higher risk of serious illness. If you must go out in public, wear a cloth face covering.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Avoid contact with sick people.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are experiencing symptoms, call your doctor.
• Practice physical distancing. Maintain at least six feet of space between yourself and other individuals when out in public.
• Avoid close contact with crowds of any size, and avoid any crowd of more than 250 people.
Please support the Coalfield Progress by subscribing today!